(28 Mar 2025)
RESTRICTION SUMMARY:
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Dahiyeh, Beirut, Lebanon – 28 March 2025
1. Various of people gathering at strike site
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Beirut, Lebanon – 28 March 2025
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Bassem Mroue, The Associated Press:
"Israel carried out its first airstrike on Beirut since November 27 when a ceasefire went into effect marking the end of the 14-month Israel-Hezbollah war."
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Dahiyeh, Beirut, Lebanon – 28 March 2025
3. Mid of electricity cables falling
4. Damaged buildings
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Beirut, Lebanon – 28 March 2025
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Bassem Mroue, The Associated Press: "The airstrike on Beirut came hours after two rockets were fired from southern Lebanon into northern Israel. Israel’s defense minister warned after the rockets were fired, that Beirut will be attacked after the attack on Kiryat Shmona."
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Dahiyeh, Beirut, Lebanon – 28 March 2025
6. Bulldozer clearing rubble
7. Pan of destruction
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Beirut, Lebanon – 28 March 2025
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Bassem Mroue, The Associated Press:
"Lebanon’s militant Hezbollah group said it was not behind the attack. The attack came less than a week since also three rockets were fired into northern Israel."
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Dahiyeh, Beirut, Lebanon – 28 March 2025
9. Various of security and rescue people at the site of strike
STORYLINE:
Israel on Friday launched an attack on Lebanon’s capital for the first time since a ceasefire ended the latest Israel-Hezbollah war in November.
Associated Press reporters in Beirut heard a loud boom and witnessed smoke rising from an area in the city’s southern suburbs that Israel’s military had vowed to strike.
It marked Israel’s first strike on Beirut since a ceasefire took hold last November between it and the Hezbollah militant group, though Israel has attacked targets in southern Lebanon almost daily since then.
Israel’s army said it had hit a Hezbollah drone storage facility in Dahiyeh, which it called a militant stronghold. The strike came after Israel, which accuses Hezbollah of using civilians as human shields, warned residents to evacuate the area.
The area struck is a residential and commercial area and is close to at least two schools.
Israeli officials said the attack was retaliation for rockets it said had been fired from Lebanon into northern Israel. They promised strikes on Beirut would continue unless Lebanon’s government worked to ensure such attacks ceased.
Hezbollah denied firing the rockets, and accused Israel of seeking a pretext to continue attacking Lebanon.
===========================================================
Clients are reminded to adhere to all listed restrictions and to check the terms of their licence agreements. For further assistance, please contact the AP Archive on: Tel +44(0)2074827482 Email: info@aparchive.com.
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_Archive
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/APArchives
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/APNews/
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/4338c8c9bf58439488f6217e8de07d4a
Author: AP Archive
Go to Source
News post in April 2, 2025, 6:05 pm.
Visit Our Sponsor’s:
News Post In – News