China opposes ‘interference from outside countries’ in South China Sea, Def Ministry spokesman says

(27 Mar 2025)
RESTRICTION SUMMARY:

ASSOCIATED PRESS
Beijing – 27 March 2025
1. Wide of press briefing by Chinese Ministry of Defense
2. Wide of Wu Qian, spokesperson of Chinese Ministry of Defense
3. Mid of reporters
4. SOUNDBITE (Mandarin) Wu Qian, spokesperson of Chinese Ministry of Defense:
“U.S.-Philippines military cooperation must not harm the security interests of other countries or undermine regional peace and stability.”
5. Mid of reporters recording videos on cellphones
6. SOUNDBITE (Mandarin) Wu Qian, spokesperson of Chinese Ministry of Defense:
“By the way, throughout history, the U.S. has an astonishing record of breaking its promises and abandoning its allies, throughout its history.”
7. Wide of reporters
8. Wide of briefing
9. SOUNDBITE (Mandarin) Wu Qian, spokesperson of Chinese Ministry of Defense:
“The Chinese military will take all necessary measures to protect our interest and safeguard peace and stability in the region.”
10. Wide pan of press briefing
STORYLINE:
China’s Defense Ministry said Thursday that China opposes interference from outside countries in the South China Sea, ahead of U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s visit to the Philippines.

Hegseth is scheduled to visit the Philippines on Friday as his first stop in his first trip to Asia for talks that will include increasing deterrence against aggression in the disputed South China Sea.

In Beijing, Defense Ministry spokesperson Wu Qian told a news conference that U.S.-Philippines military cooperation “must not harm the security interests of other countries or undermine regional peace and stability.”

He added that the United States has “an astonishing record of breaking its promises and abandoning its allies” throughout its history.

The Philippines ambassador to the U.S. said earlier this month he was confident the two countries’ military ties would remain strong under the Trump administration.

Hegseth will meet his Philippine counterpart Gilberto Teodoro and President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.

The talks will touch on increasingly assertive actions by Beijing in the South China Sea and more support to Philippine security forces by the Trump administration.

Wu said the Chinese military will take all necessary measures to "protect our interest and safeguard peace and stability in the region."

AP video shot by Olivia Zhang

===========================================================

Clients are reminded to adhere to all listed restrictions and to check the terms of their licence agreements. For further assistance, please contact the AP Archive on: Tel +44(0)2074827482 Email: info@aparchive.com.

Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_Archive
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/APArchives ​​
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/APNews/

You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/0e368e29d6c34b3b9e99f44baceb9094

Author: AP Archive
Go to Source

News post in April 1, 2025, 12:01 pm.

Visit Our Sponsor’s:
News Post In – News

Renegade_Rcih
Greetings I'm Renegade Rich, I own lots of websites and domain names. one of my favorite news type of sites are news sites. So I own lots of news sites and news domain names. My lates is https://news.post.in 😁